Schools out for Christmas!
This camp is open to players from 8-16 years of all standards. We combine fun, social and a thoughtfully structured coaching environment to ensure maximum progression and value for all involved. Our coaches have been running these sessions as a team for over five years and continue to work together to improve and evolve the camps.
- Warm ups to music (often with Zumba instructor), functional patterns and proprioceptive development routines
- Coach feeding to develop pace variation movement and swing technique
- Above service line routines in front court with emphasis on long rallies, control of ball and movement timing
- Conditioned games in parts of the full court emphasising the use of skill and intelligence to solve tactical and technical puzzles
- Full court play
- Watch examples of the world’s top players on TV, drawing attention to how they mix the pace of the game to great effect. Pick out three main teaching points noticed on the video
- Functional warm up including foot pattering, balance, lunge technique and movement timing
- Solo practice clinic showing and explaining how to develop ball control and skills
- Full court games with player specific conditions to encourage better tactical choices and improve understanding of pace variation
- Team tournament